From: Dean Appling (dappling_at_mail.utexas.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 08:59:08 CST

I have not used VMD (ver. 1.8.3 for MacOSX) since December.
Yesterday, when I tried to load a pdb file, the structure fails to
load and I get the following error message:

ERROR) BaseMolecule: init_atoms called with invalid number of atoms: 0
ERROR) molecule_structure: Unable to read structure for molecule 0
Info) Using plugin webpdb for coordinates from file 1ee9
ERROR) Some frames from file '1ee9' could not be loaded
ERROR) because the number of atoms could not be determined. Load a
ERROR) structure file first, then try loading this file again.

I installed the latest Plugins Update 3, but I still get the same
error message. It is as if something has changed at the RCSB PDB web
site so that the structure files are not recognized correctly.

Can anybody help?

thanks,

dean