From: Peter Carlsson (peca_at_brandeis.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 15:38:22 CST

Thanks John,

The b4 version works well.

For most purposes my on-board ATI card seems to do just fine (e.g.
displaying trajectory 'movies' using NewCartoon and Licorice
representations). Do you know if a dedicated graphics card would allow me
to show the movies using the Surf representation too? Would a GPU take
over the calculation of surfaces from the CPU? And, if so, would an
non-ATI (i.e. nVidia board) be a better choice at present?

Regards,
Peter