From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 18:17:02 CST

Hi,
  There have been many changes to the version of the movie maker
that's included with the the test versions of VMD 1.8.4. There are still
a couple of situations where you can cause it to do the wrong thing depending
on the order you type in various fields. I need to go back and look at this
as I'm not actually the one that made these changes, but I assume it'll be
easy to fix. The old meaning of the "step size" parameter was to control
what the spacing of trajectory frames is from the trajectory. In the
previous versions of the movie maker there wasn't a duration control,
so that was the only way to alter the behavior. I've also had people ask
for starting frame parameters and some other changes, so I hope to get
that in there before 1.8.4 is finished.