From: Yinghong (xieyh_at_hkusua.hku.hk)
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 18:30:09 CST

Dear users:

I have input a trajectory into vmd, and everything is smooth.

However, when I use "Movie Maker" to create a movie by VMD 1.8.4, I am quite confused with those options. For example, I have a trajectory with 400 frames, and movie maker records 24 frames per second. So, I choose ~16 seconds for option "movie duration", but the movie generated is much shorter than the input trajectory with 400 frames.

Therefore, anybody can tell me the meaning of options of "trajectory step size" & "movie duration"? And, how should I set my parameters in order to obtain a movie with corresponding 400 frames?

Thanks very much.

Xie Yinghong
Hong Kong University