From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 16:34:22 CST

Hi Paul,
  You can't define your own HBonds in VMD, as they are dynamically
computed based on the distance cutoff and angle cutoff parameters.
You could draw your own HBonds as dashed lines using the 'draw line' or
'graphics line' commands for yourself, but unlike normal bonds, VMD
doesn't store HBonds it only evaluates them on-the-fly.