From: Michel Sanner (sanner_at_scripps.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 15:33:09 CST

Thanks for this info,

That is a good hint ! We started statiaclly linking libgcc to avoid
version problems in various platforms and this seems to create
a problem with the sockets.
Could you try the attached version ?

Thanks

Bogdan Costescu wrote:

>On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, John Stone wrote:
>

>>The currently available MSMS Linux binaries will crash on some Linux
>>distributions when run in socket mode.
>>

>I was able to reproduce this. With MSMS version 2.5.5 (just
>downloaded):
>-on RHEL3 (kernel based on 2.4.21) it works fine; tested only on i686
>-on RHEL4 (kernel based on 2.6.9) it crashes; tested on both i686 and
>x86_64 machines
>
>An older (~2000) version, which identifies itself as 2.5.3 works fine
>in both environments. The main difference is that the new version is
>statically linked while the old (and working) one is dynamically
>linked - I don't quite understand why link it statically, as the old
>version only wanted libc and libm...

  /    Michel F. Sanner Ph.D.            The Scripps Research Institute
o      Associate Professor               Department of Molecular Biology
  \                                      10550 North Torrey Pines Road
   o   Tel. (858) 784-2341               La Jolla, CA 92037
  /    Fax. (858) 784-2860
o     sanner_at_scripps.edu                 http://www.scripps.edu/~sanner