From: Cojocaru,Vlad (vlad.cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 13:36:33 CST

Dear Sabuj,
   Thanks a lot for the link regarding the MSMS problem (John's answer to a previous inquiry about MSMS). However, I noticed that in my /etc/hosts there is localhost, so I was trying to look at the ports issue but unfortunately I am not so experienced with that so I didnt know how to check on SuSE whether ports above 1024 are allowed. Also it would be helpful to know how to allow such ports in case they are not allowed. I am using SuSE 10. on a AMD64 CPU.

Best,
vlad