From: Mario Valle (mvalle_at_cscs.ch)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 10:08:21 CST

In a small plugin I'm developing I need to create a different surface for each animation step.

The surfaces are create using a bunch of graphics $mol trinorm ... calls.
At each animation step I need to delete the surface created in the previous step before
recreating the new one. Unfortunately this step slows down considerably the animation.

The only method I have found is:
     # delete an existing surface
     set glist [graphics $mol list]
     foreach gitem $glist {graphics $mol delete $gitem}

Is there any more efficient method?

I create the graphics inside the Top molecule. Maybe it is faster to create the graphics
inside a new molecule and then deleting it at each animation step. Unfortunately using
this setup I have strange scaling and translation of the resulting surface.

Thanks for your help!
                                mario

--
Ing. Mario Valle