From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 15:39:11 CST

Vlad,
  How about temporarily taking out the bond that confuses stride using the
Mouse->Add/Remove Bonds feature. Once removed, you could then use sscache
to get stride to build 2ndary struct for all of your timesteps, or if you just
need one good one, just call 'mol ssrecalc top'. Once you've got STRIDE
doing what you need, you can put the bond back, and things should be ok then.
This is obviously an annoying hack, but until someone comes up with a better
free/open source secondary structure determination package, I don't have
any better suggestions. That said, if anyone knows of something better,
I'm all ears.