From: Eric Johnson (johnson_at_scripps.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 14:51:57 CST

We generally use CNS (X-plro) to calculate maps. I have not used the
server you indicated to generate maps. Maps may differ based on parameters
used to calculate them. We generally us O to view maps and build proteins
models, and Pymol to generate figures that incorporate maps. The latter
lacks many of the controls found in O for viewing and contouring maps. I
have no experience with viewing maps in VMD. The problem maybe in reading
the map file or in telling VMD about the space group or unit cell
parameters.

Another program for viewing in maps is MIFit from www.molecularimages.com.
This is a Windows version of Duncan McRee's XtalView program.

Eric