From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 17:08:36 CDT

Jeffrey,
  The Windows version of VMD doesn't accept the size and position
parameters presently due to the Win32OpenGLDisplayDevice.C
implementation that's currently employed. Are you working on
automating a demo of some sort? The display/window management
code for Windows, Mac, and Unix are all different currently.