From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 21 2005 - 14:26:27 CDT

Dinesh,
  VMD doesn't have an atom number limit, but it's possible that
you're running your machine out of memory during the process of
from incorrect scaling of coordinates in your XYZ file. VMD expects
atom coordinates in Angstroms, if your XYZ file coordinates are in
nanometers, that may be causing some problems. How much memory do
you have in your machine? If you like, you can send me the XYZ
file and I'll look at it. (don't send it to the whole mailing list,
as some people don't have fast email connections)