From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 05:21:28 CDT

Dear vmd users,
   Since I tried the last days to make IED work with vmd 1.8.3 or
1.8.4a22 and I noticed that other people experience the same problems as
I do I decided to post this email with a solution for the problem hoping
it will help in the future people who will try to use ied with vmd.
   After trying without any success to make ied work with vmd 1.8.3 or
1.8.4a22, I noticed that ied still works fine with vmd 1.8.2 as long as
python-2.2.3 and Numeric 22.0 are installed. So, it seems that the only
solution for now is to use vmd 1.8.2 for displaying PCA data wit ied.
   I still think it would be nice if the 1.8.4 vmd would deal with this
problem.

Best wishes
vlad

--