From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 11:41:18 CDT

Hi,
  I've just returned from a conference and am still catching up on emails...
The PDB plugin used by all of the previous versions of VMD ignores the CONECT
records, so the CONECT records aren't the cause of your specific problem.
Most likely the issue is that you've got atoms clashing or structures with
an unusual scale. When you load a PDB file without a PSF file, VMD uses a
distance-based bond search, and so if you have an area with unusually high
atom density, you can get error messages like these. If you build a proper
structure with 'psfgen' and then load a matching PSF file into VMD, these
errors will go away.