From: Hai-Jun Su (haijunsu_at_iastate.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 14:39:37 CDT

Hi, everybody

I am trying to use Phantom with VMD.
I have downloaded VRPN server and client. The test program
"vrpn_print_devices Phantom0_at_phantom" works fine. Here is my vrpn.cfg file.

vrpn_Phantom Phantom0 0 60.0

Now I launch VMD with .vmdsensors listed as follows

###
### Sensable PHANTOM via VRPN
### http://www.sensable.com/
###
device phantomtracker vrpntracker://phantom/Phantom0
scale 10
rot left 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0
device phantombuttons vrpnbuttons://phantom/Phantom0
device phantomfeedback vrpnfeedback://phantom/Phantom0

Here "phantom" is the server name with Phantom. I got the error message

VRPN Warning (4) from Phantom0: No response from server for >= 3 seconds

Do you have any idea what's wrong? Thanks. Here is my software version.

VRPN: 6.06
VMD: 1.8.3
Haptics API: Sensable OpenHaptics 2.0, HDAPI. I am not using GHOST.

Do anybody have experience in this aspect? Thanks.

Best,
Hai-Jun Su