From: bybaker_at_itsa.ucsf.edu
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 22:06:14 CDT

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

> This likely occurs because vmd is not in your path. Try 'which vmd' >
in the Terminal. If it says 'vmd: Command not found.' you'll need to >
add the directory where vmd is located to your PATH environment
> variable. For example, if vmd is in /usr/local/bin do:
>
> % setenv PATH "${PATH}:/usr/local/bin"
>
> ('%' is your shell's prompt)

I open TkCo from VMD (VMD 1.8.3 in Window XP). And type as the aboves.
Here are what I get:
-----
Main console display active (Tcl8.4.1 / Tk8.4.1)
(Desktop) 36 % which vmd
{C:/Program Files/University of Illinois/VMD/vmd.EXE}
(Desktop) 37 % setenv PATH "${PATH}:/Program Files/University of
Illinois/VMD/vmd.EXE"
can't read "PATH": no such variable
(Desktop) 38 % setenv vmdtext "${vmdtext}:/Program Files/University of
Illinois/VMD/vmd.EXE"
can't read "vmdtext": no such variable
(Desktop) 39 % setenv vmdtext "${vmdtext}:/Program Files/University of
Illinois/VMD"
can't read "vmdtext": no such variable
(Desktop) 40 % which .cshrc
.cshrc: command not found
(Desktop) 41 % which cshrc
cshrc: command not found
(Desktop) 42 %

-----

First question: why VMD is loading all the history files? This only
happens with the Window system. In Mac, I didn't get this. It starts from
'1%'. Is it a bug? Is there a way that I can fix it?

Second question: the commands didn't work. Do they only work for unix
system? Since I use window system. Or there are some typing problems with
my commands?

Third question: I look at the fils under VMD. There are a lot of folders
and files. If I need to create a file of '.cshrc', where should I put it?
Is it fine to put it under the main VMD? How should I name it: '.cshrc'
or 'cshrc'? Will it be a empty fold? How does it work?

Thanks for being patient to me.

Regards

Bo