From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 11:11:44 CDT

Hi,
  You can do RMS alignments in VMD with one of several methods.
The VMD molecular graphics tutorial includes basic instructions for
doing this with text commands (see "aligning two molecules"):
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/vmd/tutorial-html/node3.html

You can also do this with the Analysis->Multiple Alignment
or Analysis->RMSD Calculator extensions included in VMD 1.8.3,
or with the RMSDTT extension here:
  http://physiology.med.cornell.edu/faculty/hweinstein/vmdplugins/rmsdtt/