From: Dan Wright (dtwright_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 08:56:56 CDT

Sam,

You could use the Multiple Alignment VMD plugin to do the alignment instead.
It uses STAMP to perform the alignment, which is much more robust then the
built-in "measure fit" command. You can then save the transformed atomic
coordinates back out to new PDB files.

See

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/multiseq/

for more information.