From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 13:51:51 CDT

Hi,
  I've built a test version of VMD for Linux running on Itanium.
In theory it will work on any reasonably current Linux distribution
running on Itanium, but I've only tested it on the NCSA Teragrid
thus far. It ought to work on the SGI Prism, Altix, and similar
machines too, so feel free to give it a spin:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/vmd-1.8.4a5.bin.LINUXIA64.opengl.tar.gz

A few other test binaries are also posted here as time allows:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/