From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 18:06:21 CDT

Hi,
  The distributed binaries of VMD 1.8.3 require MacOS 10.3, as you
had already guessed. I don't have a 10.2.x build machine anymore, so
there's no way for me to build a 10.2.x binary. You can run older versions
of VMD, but there were numerous significant OpenGL improvements in 10.3
that directly benefit VMD and other graphics programs, so I'd actually
suggest that you consider upgrading your Mac to 10.3 if possible.