From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 16:51:33 CDT

Hi,
  There isn't a scripting interface to modify the the eye position or
view direction vectors etc directly at this time, but I plan to write
the necessary code for this in a few months as I revise the camera model
used by VMD to support some new features in subsequent versions.
In the mean time, feel free to hack OpenGLDisplayDevice, or else
make your own subclass, similar to what was done for CAVEDisplayDevice,
or one of the others.