From: Jing (jxu_at_acis.ufl.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 23:00:34 CDT

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I used "vmd -dispdev text" on two Linux machine.
The first one is Redhat 7.3 with kernal 2.4.20-28.7, the error I got is
vmd couldn't find libXft.so.2.
I checked and found there is libXft.so.1 installed in /usr/X11R6/lib
directory.
The other machine is Fedora with kernal 2.6.10-1.770_FC3smp, the error
is vmd couldn't find libstdc++.so.5
but there is libstdc++.so.6 in /usr/lib directory on that machine.
Does it mean I must update those libraries to the correct version?
Thanks a lot!
Jing