From: Michael Radermacher (mraderma_at_physiology.med.uvm.edu)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 19:50:10 CDT

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed VMD on windows and linux. I had seen in the web
pages that VMD can, as one format of volumetric data, read SPIDER volume data
(SPIDER being the image processing system for 3d electron microscopy from the
Wadsworth center). I mainly want to use the system to represent
3Dreconstructions produced in SPIDER. However, after I installed it I cannot
find it. I looked also at the plugins and cannot see anything. What am I
overlooking? Or has this feature disappeared? Is there a workaround? I can
easily convert the volume to a string of 8 bit data without header and could
enter the dimensions manually. Is there a possibility for this alternative?

This may be a beginner's question, but it would be great to get help.

Thanks,
     Michael

Michael Radermacher, Assoc. Prof.
University of Vermont
College of Medicine
Dept. Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
Burlington, VT 05405