From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 22:44:16 CDT

Nicolas,
  I took another look at your BigConfig.pdb file, the source of
your problems is that you've got a large number of atoms that are
only a fraction of an Angstrom apart, particularly in the rod structure
that passes through your protein. This is the cause of the problems you
were having loading that structure. It seems likely that your coordinates
were in nanometers rather than Angstroms? That'd explain the problems
you were having with VMD. The bond determination code gets unhappy when
the atom density is 1000 times what it ought to be. ;-) I'll see if I can
make VMD more resistant to bad behavior with structures that have incorrect
units like this one.

  John