From: Axel Kohlmeyer (axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 03:11:22 CDT

> Hi all:

dear huaer,

please state the version of VMD you are using and the name and
version of your operating system with a report like this, so we
can help you better.

> I got a problem in VMD movie maker. I am trying to gnerate a movie of my
> ambe r-8 trajectory file(a.prmtop and a.mdcrd). In "VMD movie Generator"
> diagonal-bo x, it initially shows Stage: 0 of 0, and Progress 0 of 0. and I
> have 8 stages i n the trajectory file, after I press "Make Movie" button, it

one note: those stages refer to the stages of the movie making process.
this only depends on the set of options you chose, but not on the
trajectory itself.

> starts generate BM P files to the working directory. The problems is it can
> only handle stage 1-2. Hoa can I include all stages into my movie files.

are there any error messages?

most likely you are running out of disk space. before rendering the
movie there will be multiple copies of the intermediate images.
try changing the working directory to a path/disk with more empty
space or cleaning up the filesystem where the working directory
is currently residing. please note, that the movie maker script
usually does not clean up after a failed attempt of creating a movie,
so you may be accumulating garbage in your working directory...

regards,
        axel.
> Many thanks

> Huaer

Axel Kohlmeyer      e-mail:  axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie          Phone: ++49 (0)234/32-26673
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum - NC 03/53         Fax:   ++49 (0)234/32-14045
D-44780 Bochum                   http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de