From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 13:33:36 CST

Fred,
  The LAMMPS reader plugin that's included in VMD 1.8.3
only knows how to read LAMMPS trajectories. In order to view
these in VMD you still need to read the structure in somehow.
Thus far, people have been doing this by converting their structures
to PDB files which can be loaded into VMD as well. So you load the
PDB first, then the LAMMPS trajectory, and then you should be able
to view the simulation results in VMD. I hope to write a LAMMPS
structure reader plugin, but haven't had time to start on it yet.