From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 10:48:25 CST

Fabrizio,
  The "Volume Slice" representation should work fine on your Mac so
long as you have enough video memory for the datasets you're displaying.
If you have trouble with this representation let me know.

Alas, this is not the case for the "color by volume" feature however:
  There's a known problem with MacOS X and the 3-D texturing VMD uses
for the "color by volume" feature. I've been working with the
Apple OpenGL engineers to fix the problem for a few days now.
They are working hard to narrow down the source of the problem
so it can be fixed in a minor update of MacOS X. I'll let everyone
know when we find a solution to this problem.

  John