From: Dallas Warren (dallas.warren_at_vcp.monash.edu.au)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 17:30:39 CST

John,

> I'd send the ATI guys bug reports on their Linux driver,
>as I think you're now the second person that's run into this
>particular problem. Needless to say, this same window creation

Done.

>code is used on ALL Unix platforms and doesn't crash on any other
>card or driver, so I'd think this would be easy for ATI to fix.
>If you're interested in a hacked VMD that disables the minimum
>necessary to get by with this broken ATI driver, I might be able
>to build you a new VMD binary that just turns off the advanced window
>creation code, but leaves all the rest of the features enabled.

How are they in responding to these sort of issues? Can I expect them to
contact me and let me know when it has been solved etc?

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Lecturer
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology and Pharmacology
Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren_at_vcp.monash.edu.au
+61 3 9903 9083