From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2005 - 22:37:43 CST

Fabri,
  This usually indicates an error in your .cshrc or .alias files.
Try briefly renaming your .cshrc file to .cshrc.bak and then try launching
VMD. If that makes VMD run, then you've found the cause of your problems,
and you'll need to fix whatever's wrong with your .cshrc file.
If you still have problems let me know.