From: Marc Q. Ma (qma_at_oak.njit.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 10:31:09 CST

Dear VMD users/developers:

Does anyone know how to set number of frames to skip when generating
movies from DCD files? It seems to me right now the plug-in only
supports generating movie from frame 0 to frame x where x is
user-defined value.

It will be nice if an offset (to skip some frames in the beginning) and
step size (to skip some frames every so often in between) are allowed
to set by user. For example, in the VMD main a user can set "step" to
any positive value to control the display progress of molecules. This
feature is useful when large number of DCD frames are generated for
detailed analysis, and coarse movies are made for quickly showing to
people.

Can some one send me some quick fixes in the tcl script to support such
capabilities. I want to make a reasonably good movie to show on Monday

Also, when I tried to generate mpeg movies and gif animations, although
it shows all steps are completed and .gif.par or .mpeg.par file is
generated, it did not generate the .mpg or .gif file for me. I used
convert to manually convert the files to an animated gif. Can anyone
give me prescriptions based on these symptoms?

Thanks,

Marc