From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 10:35:00 CST

Jerome,
  Since I didn't write Stride, I really don't know why they need the
Hydrogen bonds. It's a good bet they knew what they were doing when
they wrote that code however. I suspect that the progam will fail if
you take out that safety check. If you don't have a copy of the Stride
source code already, I can make one available to you if you want to
examine this more closely.