From: Marc Q. Ma (qma_at_oak.njit.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 12:24:04 CST

If NAMD allows an SMD force to be applied on a selection of more than 1
atoms, then you can write a script to apply the same amount of force to
your selection of atoms. All these atoms will be subjected to the same
amount of external force in addition to whatever force they were
experiencing, and you should be able to move the COM "indirectly". Jim
may have better ideas.

Marc