From: Edward Patrick Obrien (edobrien_at_Glue.umd.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 12:03:46 CST

Hi John,
   I'm confused about what the "selection" is in the restrict option.
I read the documentation and can't determine which of the following two is
correct if I want to get the sasa of the sidechains:

atomselect sidechain [atomselect top sidechain]
atomselect backbone [atomselect top backbone]

measure sasa 1.4 $sidechain -restrict $sidechain [1]
measure sasa 1.4 $sidechain -restrict $backbone [2]

If I want to the sasa of the sidechains which restrict selection is
correct, [1] or [2]?

Thanks,
Ed