From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 11:30:18 CST

Michal,
  For the Windows platform, you have a variety of workable choices.
I find that the 3DLabs Wildcat cards tend to do very well on Windows
machines. On Linux, the NVidia cards are your best bet currently.
I've never gotten stereo to work on my ATI FireGL X1 on Linux, it
probably works fine on Windows, though it's been a long time since
I tested it. All of the inherently stereo-capable cards tend to fall
in the >= $500 price range, so you'll want to choose carefully.
The stereo question is a difficult one as which OS you're running
plays a very important role in your purchasing decision.