From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 16:22:12 CST

Joseph,
  You can try the most recent test build of VMD 1.8.3 from this location:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/

This test version includes NumPy support, though it's still Python 2.2.
I plan to upgrade the Python version from 2.2 to either 2.3 or 2.4
once I work out a few problems I encountered before I left for
my trip last week.

  John