From: Jerry Ebalunode (jebalunode_at_uh.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 11:56:12 CST

Hi all,
The first beta version of vmd 1.8.3 works well on both linux ia32 and amd64
platforms for all features I have tested since the last build I made of this
release. Also, it seems Nvidia, has got there act together in their latest
linux driver release (aka. 66.29 release) , which now features better GLSL
support for both 32 bit and amd 64 platforms, when compared to 61.11 or 61.06
linux driver release. However, current amd 64 builds of vmd tend to disable
GLSL support, even though the drivers seem to be much more stable.
Fortunately, since I can simulataneously run 32bit or 64 bit binaries on my
workstation, with the 66.29 drivers also supporting opengl programs whether
32/64bit, I just installed the 32 bit linux version of VMD to get my GLSL
working.

--
Jerry Ebalunode
Ph.D. Candidate