From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 09:55:55 CST

Hi,
  From my point of view the right choice is to get one of the
new GeForce 6 series cards. I'd go for a 6800GT personally, but
an LE would probably work pretty well too. My reasoning in saying
this is that these cards are much more capable in terms of
programmable shading than the older generation cards are, and
though this feature is still in its infancy within VMD, I fully
expect that it will start to become mature and people will begin
using it seriously within VMD in the next 6 months. You'll want
a GeForce 6 series board in order to use this feature to maximal
effect... :-)

  John