From: Charles McCallum (mmccallum_at_pacific.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 22:21:11 CST

I get this problem (usually on a new machine) when vmd is installed
incorrectly. For example, on a solaris box (in which I don't have full
sys privs), I tried to install vmd into ~/bin and ~/lib, and I get the
flash-and-gone. When I tried a new, clean install into a
system-accessible, but private directory (/usr/share/classes/....) that
is owned by me, it worked fine.

The README file mentions that if you try and install over an old VMD
you may run into problems. Try deleting all old instances of VMD and
reinstall.

HTH

Mike McCallum

--