From: Akiyama, Jotaro (jotaro_at_ti.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 18:27:15 CST

Hi Sirk.

I'm also using VMD/LAMMPS combination but my LAMMPS is 2004 version.
The simplest way to visualize your LAMMPS results with VMD is following way
I think.

1.Write
dump ID all atom 100 *.xyz
dump_modify ID header xyz
 in your input script file
2. Then start VMD and from "File - New Molecule"
3. Read your atom position results, *.xyz and load it.

This is a really simple way to visualize the atom positions only.
So you can't see bond.
If you want to visualize bonds, you must use another file format.
(I deal with only atomic system, so I don't have bond in my system)

I hope my information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Akiyama