From: Jim Shepherd (jimshep_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 17:30:26 CST

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 16:02 -0500, tsirk wrote:
> I'm new to MD, and was wondering if anyone has used VMD w/ LAMMPS. I'm
> working w/ the older 2001 version and it doesn't have a way to visualize.

I wrote a simple Perl script that inserts the coordinate data from the
LAMMPS dump file into an already existing PDB file. It works for both
LAMMPS 2001 and the newer version. I create the initial polymer systems
with code that writes out PDB, PSF, and DAT files. This PDB file is the
one I use as a shell for the dump data. I can provide the Perl script
if you want, but it is pretty basic.

-Jim