From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 15:20:33 CDT

Cheri,
  I did some more digging on this, and as it turns out, the RH WS3
installation doesn't seem to install the 32-bit GLU RPM by default, or
at least not consistently. We fixed our machine here by doing this:
  rpm -force -UVh XFree86-Mesa-libGLU-4.3.0-68-EL.i386.rpm

I think that if you're only problem is the missing GLU library, you
will be able to fix your machine by following that step (with the appropriate
RPM file sitting in the working directory when you run the command...)

We're not sure why RH didn't install the 32-bit GLU library in the
installation by default, but that seems to cure the type of problem
you're having.

  John