From: . (jheese_at_ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de)
Date: Sun May 17 1998 - 08:55:16 CDT

Hi,

I've installed the VMD 1.2b2 linux binaries. I have
Michel Sanners MSMS Linux binary. It works stand alone.
When I select MSMS in VMD/graphics VMD disappears. I
set the variable MSMSSERVER to the directory where MSMS
is locally, also tried to the binary itself and have a
link to MSMS in /usr/bin/ (this worked for surf), but
VMD still disappears :) Any tips for getting VMD and
MSMS to cooperate on linux would be greatly appreciated.

Some minor notes;
STRIDE always gives:
First pass through STRIDE didn't work, trying one protein
fragment at a time Info) Done.
But only loop/coil appears, no helix or sheet, i.e. looks
same as 'tube'.
The file selection filter doesn't seem to work, neither
*.[pP][dD][bB] nor *.pdb for instance, and the VRML1
output doesn't look very promising in the Vrweb viewer.

Cheers