From: Vermaas, Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2024 - 08:32:26 CDT

The “save visualization state” dialog basically makes a .tcl script that tries to mimic everything needed to create the same representation. So things like which files to load and what representations to use are generally saved without issue. However, there are some operations that do not get saved into the visualization state, such as RMSD alignment or wrapping/unwrapping. Those operate on the atomic coordinates directly, and are not included in the visualization state.

-Josh