From: Diego Gomes (diego.enry_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 30 2024 - 10:12:10 CST

I'm confirming the Windows issue reported by Alexei.
NAMD 2.14 for Windows will not read files larger than 2Gb. (Learn more here
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_GB_limit__;!!DZ3fjg!_TJBV_nFUFKFpf5GSWdC2xPW936mrT53e_5evufUnisAE5Yqitu3B1aVmW-CG30yrwGN6x4MAc7F9NumZ87E$ )
Don't worry, I'll bug NAMD developers to fix it.

A quick workaround is to use WSL (Windows Services for Linux).

I tried it this morning, and I'm glad to say that NAMD (2.14, 3b6,
3b6-CUDA) & VMD 1.9.4a57 worked fantastically well under WSL.

# A few comments for the record
I'm on Windows 11, using WSL-1 with Ubuntu.

VMD required additional libraries:
apt install libgl1-mesa-glx ibxinerama1 libxi6 tcsh

I also exported LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include VMD install
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/dgomes/software/vmd/lib/:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

Friendly,
Diego.