From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 15:01:04 CDT

Hi,
  You didn't tell us what versions of VMD and NAMD you're using.
The error message you're getting indicates that they are incompatible
versions. If you aren't running VMD 1.8.2 and NAMD 2.5, I'd recommend
upgrading ASAP before you do any more attempts with IMD. If you still
have problems, please give us more details about your machines.