From: Shirley Hui (shirleyhui_at_alumni.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 21:18:12 CST

I am trying to use the IMD plugin in VMD.
I followed the instructions at this link:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/imd/tutorial/

I run NAMD and then I run VMD, load the molecule.
Then I open IMD plugin via VMD and I type the host and port. The host is the machine I am running NAMD on (which happens to be the same machine that I am running VMD on as well), and the port is the same port number as stated in the .conf file.

But I get the following errors when I click on Connect in VMD:

ERROR) Unable to ascertain relative endianness of remote machine
Info) Connected to same-endian machine
Info) IMD connection ended unexpectedly; connection terminated.

In NAMD I see the following Warning:

Info: INTERACTIVE MD AWAITING CONNECTION
Warning: Incompatible Interactive MD, use VMD v1.4b2 or higher
Warning: GlobalMasterIMD: IMD handshake failed

What is wrong?

shirley