From: Diego Gomes (diego.enry_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2023 - 22:30:15 CST

Hi Fred,
I must agree with Josh, 500k particles should not be an issue for VMD
to represent as Lines.
If it is not RAM or issues with nvidia-drivers, can you try the following?

Extensions->Modelling->Add Solvation Box. Mark on "WaterBox only" and make
a 200x200x200 box.
It should give you >700k atoms, and rotate smoothly. I tried a 300^3 box
with 2.6 million atoms that rotates smoothly on my laptop (M1 mac).

Please let us know if that doesn't work.

Friendly,
Diego.

--
Diego Enry B. Gomes, PhD
Department of Physics at Auburn University &