From: Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2023 - 09:15:35 CDT

I made a script once to rotate a bond, so I think you could adapt it to
shorten it
(https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://gitlab.msu.edu/vermaaslab/structuremechanic/-/blob/main/structuremechanic.tcl__;!!DZ3fjg!6Zbw_MUuz6mYCDsHz2utS7hFvlokQEVMLf7gezcMQHEbN66mK25835q6KEyzoFTL6rFSope2UlNlb-xZQrI$ ).
The tricky thing about general organic molecules, is if an interior bond
is long, you need to move a whole bunch of atoms. For bond rotation, I
had a scheme set up to select the smaller side so I could perturb as
little as possible. Have you also looked at the new version of
molefacture? It wouldn't surprise me if that functionality was now included.

-Josh

--
Josh Vermaas
vermaasj_at_msu.edu