From: Alexander Beerhoff (emserfo_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2023 - 19:55:15 CST

I use vmd-1.9.4a57. Building with suggested configuration result in this
error:

In file included from colvarproxy.h:19,
                 from colvarscript.h:20,
                 from colvarproxy_vmd.C:21:
colvarproxy_tcl.h:21:14: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef void
Tcl_Interp'
   21 | typedef void Tcl_Interp;
      | ^~~~~~~~~~
In file included from colvarproxy_vmd.C:10:
/opt/local/include/tcl.h:540:1: note: previous declaration as 'typedef
struct Tcl_Interp Tcl_Interp'
  540 | Tcl_Interp;
      | ^~~~~~~~~~
colvarproxy_vmd.C: In function 'int tcl_colvars(ClientData, Tcl_Interp*,
int, Tcl_Obj* const*)':
colvarproxy_vmd.C:52:10: error: 'tcl_run_colvarscript_command' was not
declared in this scope; did you mean 'run_colvarscript_command'?
   52 | return tcl_run_colvarscript_command(clientData, interp, objc,
objv);
      | run_colvarscript_command
make: *** [colvarproxy_vmd.o] Error 1

There could be conflict with tcl8.6.13 in /opt (I use macport/brew to
fullfill deps)?

Best regards

--
Umi sukoschi