From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2023 - 20:03:54 CST

Hi,
  OSPRay 2.x has an incompatible API and you can't compile any of the
currently available revs of VMD against it. I have an experimental
implementation, but I'm hoping it is not necessary as there is now also
an OSPRay implementation for ANARI, and there are now also several other
rendering back-ends for the the ANARI 1.0 provisional spec and the
public SDK. You won't find the ANARI code in the current VMD repo yet
either as things are still changing, but my expectation is that the ANARI
renderer implementation will completely replace both the existing OSPRay 1.x
and the experimental OSPRay 2.x interfaces for VMD in the relatively
near-term. This is something I've been working on for a while now.

Best,

--
Research Affiliate, NIH Center for Macromolecular Modeling and Bioinformatics
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/